What material can you copy?
- Material that originates from a printed book, journal, magazine or newspaper (sometimes called hard copies)
- A scanned or digital copy of an original printed version
How much can you copy?
- Up to 10% or one chapter of a book (whichever is greater, including pictures and graphs)
- 15 pages from books of short stories and poetry
- Complete magazine and journal articles (one per issue, more if on the same subect)
- Local and overseas newspaper articles (five per issue, from online or hard copy)
How can you share this material with students?
- Handouts, class notes and lecturer compiled worksheets (printed and digital)
- Interactive whiteboards and screens
- Password protected intranet sites (eg. student portals)